Head of Commissioning, Contracting & Market Management
In Brent, our adult social care services are supporting and caring for our residents when they need it most.
As Head of Commissioning, Contracting and Market Management you will ensure our services are underpinned by the very best evidence based, data driven commissioning and procurement. But this is no ordinary commissioning post.
You will take on the leadership of the New Accommodation for Independent Living (NAIL) programme, giving you the opportunity to work across other departments such as housing and property services to programme manage significant capital schemes that are actively improving health and well-being outcomes and better targeting resources towards support for vulnerable people.
You will also be the lead for integration with our health partners, and will be responsible for shaping, developing and commissioning services that are fit for the future to support our residents.
About the Role
Reporting to the Operational Director, Adult Social Care and leading a team of 48 staff, you will
- Ensure the delivery of a high quality and cost effective service, underpinned by data-driven continuous improvement
- Take responsibility for all adult social care contracts and commissioning and hold significant influence over a purchasing budget in excess of £80 million per year
- Play a leading role in the design and delivery of new service and support models, working collaboratively with communities and the voluntary sector
- Lead and shape our relationship with the provider market, pro-actively developing innovation, quality and value for money
- Take the lead for key partnership agendas, building strong and meaningful relationships with customers, carers, voluntary, community and statutory partners
- Play an active leadership role as part of the departmental management team, including work on projects, quality assurance, policies and systems
Under your leadership, Brent’s commissioning, contracting and market management will be a model of best practice for the wider market.
This is a challenging and complex role carrying significant leadership responsibility for people, partnerships, projects and resources. We need an outstanding candidate with first class technical skills, as well as the ability to lead and shape a large team.
In particular you will be able to demonstrate experience of developing and delivering social care improvement and value for money through market leadership, procurement, contract management and quality assurance.
You will be able to evidence your role in the design, co-production and delivery of new service and support models.
You will bring a track record in the leadership and development of teams and have the communication and interpersonal skills necessary to build partnerships, influence the market and secure ongoing improvements for our residents.
How to Apply
For further information or to apply please visit: hays.co.uk/jobs/brent-council
For an informal conversation about the post please contact Mark Bearn or Dawar Hashmi at HAYS Executive on 020 7259 8743.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in London (West)
- Corporate Management Team Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in London (West)
- Health and Social Care Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in London (West)
- Adult Services Head of Service £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in London (West)