Director for Communities & The Environment
There is never a better or more exciting time to consider joining Lancaster City Council. We have highly ambitious plans for enhancing the economy, the environment, neighbourhoods and the wellbeing of the district’s communities. Our vision is for the district to thrive as a vibrant regional centre in the north west of England.
The Council has recently announced plans for a structural change at senior level, to ensure we are able to deliver on our exciting and ambitious plans for the future. A new Executive Team structure has been agreed to deliver against those plans, which includes three brand new, exciting director level positions covering Economic Growth and Regeneration, Communities and the Environment, and Corporate Services.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, this new role holds responsibility for delivery and strategic oversight of the majority of the front line public services the council provides. The post holder will provide strategic leadership to the largest staff group within the council, and will constantly ensure services are delivered to the public in ways which reflect a modern approach, providing real value for money and enabling continuous improvement through digitalisation, efficiency and commercialisation.
With oversight of teams spanning a wide range of services including Housing, Environmental Health, Waste and Customer Services, this will be a challenging, but rewarding role. There will be a number of initiatives through which the post holder will add real value for our communities, including taking the lead in promoting and delivering cross-public sector working, strengthening the council’s commercial investment strategy and bringing innovation and new ideas to the council.
To perform well in this role, you’ll need to be able to demonstrate the highest level of skills in Leadership, Communication, Strategic Thinking and Commercial awareness, as well as having a track record of:
- Delivering large scale and complex services to a vast client base;
- Making best use of modern technology to underpin service delivery;
- Implementing cross-functional working to better support clients; and
- Delivering transformational service improvements.
For more details about this exciting opportunity, and information about applying, please visit: www.lancaster.gov.uk/executive-team-recruitment
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Lancaster
- Corporate Management Team Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Lancaster
- Environment Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Lancaster
- Housing Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Lancaster
- Community Services Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Lancaster