Consultant in Public Health
Bexley is at a very exciting and pivotal juncture in terms of Public Health adding strategic value to the work of the Council and NHS partners. The Director of Public Health is leading the development of a system-wide prevention strategy which has the potential for significant system transformation across the borough.
Bexley Public Health requires a consultant in public health to support the Director of Public Health in developing an ambitious and far-reaching programme of work.
We are therefore looking for a strategic, forward-thinking individual with drive and strong leadership skills to help both shape our distinctive local public health agenda and inform decisions which will impact on the health and wellbeing of the population of Bexley.
As our Consultant you will provide senior Public Health leadership and expertise on the following key areas: Public Health Intelligence, Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA), a number of core Public Health services (substance misuse, sexual health, stop smoking, and infection control/ delegated health protection assurance) and Commissioning Support to the CCG, with the overall purpose of making the best use of available resources to maintain and improve the public’s health and to provide expert advice on all health matters.
You will have a high level of understanding of epidemiology and statistics, public health practice, health promotion, health economics and health care evaluation and experience of working with a wide range of partners and organisations, including Local Authorities, voluntary sector organisations and NHS clinicians on health improvement and reduction of inequalities.
What we offer:
• Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £3,789 per annum
• Relocation Package up to £8,000
• Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
• Performance Related Pay
• Up to 27 days Annual Leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
• Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
• An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
• Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
• MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
For further information please contact Dr. Anjan Ghosh, Director of Public Health on 020 3045 5733 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
• Closing Date for your application: 12/08/2018
• Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
• Anticipated Interview date: week commencing 20/08/2018 (to be confirmed)
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers