Head of Legal and Democratic Services
Burnley Council is recognised for strong political and managerial leadership, for its committed, loyal and proud employees, for growing the economy, and for finances that are well managed.
Burnley has seen significant economic and housing growth. In the UK it is in the top 10 for private sector jobs growth, second for digital jobs growth and was recently recognised as a ‘property hotspot’. We are keen to build on this momentum and accelerate the delivery of further inclusive growth for the benefit all of our citizens
Strong leadership, decisiveness and ambition for our aspiring town are key qualities in this role so that you discharge our important statutory functions, play a lead role in the strategic direction of our organisation and are able to advise on and facilitate change that ensures effective service delivery.
Qualified as a Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal Executive you will have experience of leading change and managing either law or democratic services. Credible as an advocate, communicator and collaborator you will also have experience of litigation, advising on complex and/or contentious legal issues and an ability to set and achieve high standards
9am on Wed 30th May 2018
For a recruitment pack and to apply online visit www.burnley.gov.uk/jobs
For an informal chat please contact Lukman Patel,
Chief Operating Officer 01282 477140
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of Service £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Burnley
- Communications Head of Service £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Burnley
- Corporate Management Team Head of Service £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Burnley
- Legal Head of Service £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Burnley
- Policy Head of Service £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Burnley