Assistant Director – Early Intervention and Prevention (Adults)
Following a review of the Adult Social Care Service, an exciting opportunity has arisen to apply for the new post of Assistant Director, Early Intervention and Prevention.
The aim of the role is to support the Director of Adults and Health in implementing and delivering the key priorities of the Adult Social Care Strategy, particularly in relation to early intervention and prevention. The particular focus is to promote a wellbeing agenda, building on a strength-based approach and achieving the best outcomes for individuals. There is capacity within this role to drive strategic change, transformation and partnerships.
The post will deputise for the Director across the whole of the Adult Social Care service.
A copy of the Adult Care Strategy can be found at https://www.stockton.gov.uk/media/876371/adult-social-care-strategy-2017-2020.pdf
We are looking for a candidate who has a proven track record in leading change, ideally in Adult Social Care, and has the energy, commitment and passion to deliver on the priorities set out in our Strategy.
Working for the Council
Stockton Borough Council prides itself on being open, honest and fair, on leading by example and on having big plans and the determination to see them through.
- We are an organisation where we all make a positive contribution at work for the whole council and where we never lose sight of the fact we are here to serve the people of the borough. A short film about what sort of place we want this to be is available at https://www.stockton.gov.uk/stockton-council/working-for-the-council-including-stockton-council-jobs/
- The Council Plan 2017-20 sets out the overall ambitions and priorities of the Council and charts the objectives, key actions and outcomes we aim to deliver over the next three years. A copy of the plan can be found at https://www.stockton.gov.uk/media/874492/2017-20.pdf
- The post offers a competitive salary and employee benefits including Local Government Pension Scheme, employee discounts and flexible working. A summary of our employee benefits is available at https://www.stockton.gov.uk/stockton-council/working-for-the-council-including-stockton-council-jobs/
The borough of Stockton on Tees sits at the heart of the Tees Valley, which has a huge amount to offer - from spectacular countryside to stunning coastlines, impressive museums to exciting outdoors, boasting a wealth of attractions making it the ideal place to work and live. Further information about the Tees Valley area can be found at https://teesvalley-ca.gov.uk/about-the-area/tees-valley-life.
Please ensure you refer to the essential and desirable criteria detailed in the Person Specification when completing your application as they are used to select candidates for interview.
For a further informal discussion, please contact Ann Workman, Director Adults & Health on 01642 527052. Or for further information on employee benefits please contact Helen Johnston, HR Adviser, on 01642 528408 or firstname.lastname@example.org
An online application form and further information is available from www.stockton.gov.uk/job-vacancies/. Alternatively you can contact Xentrall Recruitment Services, Tel: (01642) 526992 or email email@example.com
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council ensures that all customers, both internal and external receive a consistently high quality level of service.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Stockton-on-Tees
- Communications Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Stockton-on-Tees
- Corporate Management Team Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Stockton-on-Tees
- Health and Social Care Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Stockton-on-Tees
- Adult Services Director £70,000 - £99,999 Full time jobs in Stockton-on-Tees