Deputy Operations Director
Camphill Village Trust is a leading, long established and progressive UK charity supporting adults with learning disabilities and autism, mental health problems and other complex support needs. We encourage, enable and support over 500 people across a range of housing and support models and through our 9 urban and rural communities.
Over recent years, we have been navigating major sector change and developing a care and support model that looks to the future, but also respects and builds upon our historic core values. We have much to be positive about, but there is also still much to do. To ensure we maintain our momentum, we now need additional resources within the leadership of our care and support services.
As our Deputy Operations Director, you will take a lead on driving up the quality of our support, help to shape our support models and develop new initiatives and opportunities.
This new position will be pivotal to making our operational resources bring our strategy to life; working closely with both operational and senior colleagues to translate ambition into the quality outcomes the people we support are looking for.
You will need to bring passion, ambition, experience and energy to make this role. In return, we will provide great support, committed and passionate colleagues, and the opportunity to learn and grow.
- Supervise, lead and develop the charity’s general managers, and support communities with day-to-day practical advice as required on specific care related issues
- Ensure the care and support provided is of a high standard and person-centred. Identify areas for improvement and ensure action plans and changes to the charity’s systems and processes are implemented
- Responsible for the operational performance of the communities, ensuring communities function within agreed budgets and KPI’s
- Drive the charity’s strategies in respect of person-centred support, use of facilitation skills, health & wellbeing, user involvement and coproduction initiatives
- Ensure communities fulfil their contractual commitments, monitor and assist ongoing local authority commissioner relationships, and support communities to maintain and ideally improve their CQC outcomes
- Play a key role in driving the charity’s safeguarding agenda; participate as an active member of the charity’s policy working group and quality board
- Proven track record at a senior operational level in a general social care multi-site environment, where CQC standards have been in force
- Significant experience of managing services for adults with learning disabilities, challenging and complex needs
- Excellent knowledge of the care industry including legislative, regulatory and contractual frameworks
- Experience of managing significant budgets and meeting performance targets.
- Social care management qualification (minimum NVQ7 level)
- Strong decision-making skills
- Outstanding leadership skills with the ability to manage senior staff across multiple locations
- Integrity; ability to maintain social, organisational and ethical values in all work activities
- Supportive of the charity’s values
- Satisfactory standard disclosure
- Current driving license and car owner
- Ability to be flexible as to working hours and travel and stay overnight as required
How to Apply
For further information about CVT, our services and communities, please see the website www.cvt.org.uk. A detailed briefing document can be downloaded on the CVT website's Jobs Section or use this link: https://www.networxrecruitment.com/v?id=THECAMPHIL&t=CVT-Careers
For a confidential conversation, please contact our retained consultant Anna Jay, at email@example.com quoting CVTDOD in the subject line.
In order to apply, please submit a comprehensive CV along with a covering letter to Anna Jay (via the button below), setting out your interest in the role and highlight your relevant experience in respect of the criteria outlined in the person specification.
Closing Date for Applications: midday, Thursday 29th March
Initial Interviews (via phone / Skype): W/C 9th April.
Final Interviews: 26th April, location TBC