Principal Highways Operations Manager
Doncaster Council are offering an exciting opportunity to candidates to be part of the transformation of their borough front line services and the Doncaster Growing Together programme.
The Street Scene and Highways services have been working on a major savings and modernisation programme, to improve standards and create a service where essential operations are provided to our customer across a 7 day period. We are looking for the right person to provide Highways Operational management and leadership boroughwide – working alongside the existing management team overseeing all operational areas. This role is also crucial to supporting the ongoing cultural change and commercialisation programme along with other change initiatives across the service.
The boroughwide area covers the vibrant Doncaster Town Centre, as well as the urban and rural highway network and housing areas. We are looking for a manager with experience of working within a similar high profile setting and working environment with a keen willingness to lead change projects.
The role will involve ensuring the delivery of reactive and planned highways maintenance, the delivery of winter maintenance, highways construction activities and the end to end management of street lighting across all areas of the borough. Whilst ensuring a high standard of customer care is achieved and our service standards are fully met with all our partners and stakeholders.
• Be inspirational, having a demonstrable record of leading, motivating and inspiring customer-facing, multi-discipline teams within the work areas covered by our service.
• Have a track record of delivering successful operational and project management with tangible improvement results and provision of value for money.
• Have the experience of building and maintaining successful partnerships and positive relationships.
• Be able to analyse complex issues and situations and provide practical and creative solutions.
Should you require any further information, or for an informal discussion about this post, please contact Andy Rutherford, Head of Street Scene and Highways Operations on 01302 734494.
To apply for this post, please visit https://doncastercounciljobs.co.uk/
Closing date: 5pm on 16 February 2018.
More jobs like this
- Full time £40,000 - £49,999 Team Leader Corporate Services jobs in Doncaster
- Full time £40,000 - £49,999 Team Leader Corporate Management Team jobs in Doncaster
- Full time £40,000 - £49,999 Team Leader Environment jobs in Doncaster
- Full time £40,000 - £49,999 Team Leader Highways jobs in Doncaster
- Full time £40,000 - £49,999 Team Leader Streetscene jobs in Doncaster