Commissioning Leader: Children’s Health and Social Care
We recognise that the public service landscape has changed fundamentally in recent years. Financial challenges and rising residents’ expectations mean that traditional delivery models are no longer viable. So we’re reimagining our organisation for the world we’re in. We’re creating a more agile and responsive council, with a sharper commercial focus, greater flexibility to innovate, and more autonomy for professionals.
It won’t happen overnight, but the next 2-3 years will see us move to a ‘Commissioning Hub’ model, equipping us with the right structure and data to make informed and sustainable decisions on the best way to secure positive outcomes for our residents. In turn, this creates opportunities for people who want to be at the forefront of this change, and who are excited by the prospect of doing things differently.
This is a broad portfolio that includes:
- CAMHS • 0-5 Public Health & School Nursing
- Adoption & Fostering Placements
- Residential Placements
- Troubled Families Programme
- Substance Misuse (CYPS)
- Children's Centres
- Best Start in Life
- Local Safeguarding Board
- Children’s Social Care & Safeguarding
Our Commissioning Hub model will see the formation of a Children’s Trust in Newham, supported by £2m innovation funding from the Department for Education. Reporting to the Director of Children’s Services, our new Commissioning Leader will be instrumental in supporting this change and subsequently commissioning services through the Trust.
So your initial focus will be on ensuring that the right commissioning and delivery models are in place to realise the full potential of this new way of working and to promote a strategic focus on outcomes that in turn can help to reduce costs. We want to deliver a shift in emphasis from technical to strategic commissioning. This role demands convincing strategic leadership and partnership experience within a Children’s Services setting. You’ll need to assure that you understand the dynamics of partnership working and that you can engage others in our change programme.
To find out more, visit www.join-newham.co.uk or contact Steve Guest at Solace in Business on 020 7976 3311 for a confidential discussion.
Closing date: noon, 6 November.
More jobs like this
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Corporate Services jobs in London (East)
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Corporate Management Team jobs in London (East)
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Health and Social Care jobs in London (East)
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Health jobs in London (East)
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Children's Services jobs in London (East)