Commissioning Leader: Housing Management
We recognise that the public service landscape has changed fundamentally in recent years. Financial challenges and rising residents’ expectations mean that traditional delivery models are no longer viable. So we’re reimagining our organisation for the world we’re in. We’re creating a more agile and responsive council, with a sharper commercial focus, greater flexibility to innovate, and more autonomy for professionals.
It won’t happen overnight, but the next 2-3 years will see us move to a ‘Commissioning Hub’ model, equipping us with the right structure and data to make informed and sustainable decisions on the best way to secure positive outcomes for our residents. In turn, this creates opportunities for people who want to be at the forefront of this change, and who are excited by the prospect of doing things differently.
Reporting to the Director of Community Sustainability, this role’s portfolio includes:
- Management of Council housing stock (maintenance and safety)
- Pest Control
- Provision to support vulnerable tenants (such as DSV, serious crime, safeguarding)
- Auditing for subletting
- Management of Housing Waiting List (Housing Register)
A new Residential Services Management Company (RSMC) is planned to launch next year. This will also be overseen by the Commissioning Leader and tasked with the delivery of the following services:
- Tenancy Audit
- Leaseholder Services
- Housing Compliance
There is a considerable house-building agenda in Newham, as we look to address the imbalance between supply and demand in our borough. Initiatives include a shared equity programme and substantial PFI programmes with RSLs. And it’s essential that we maintain and improve existing housing stock to retain its value and ensure that our tenants benefit from modern, safe and secure housing. It’s important that you can offer a well-informed perspective of housing management issues and that you can work well in partnership with other council departments on key issues such as homelessness.
To find out more, visit www.join-newham.co.uk or contact Steve Guest at Solace in Business on 020 7976 3311 for a confidential discussion.
Closing date: noon, 6 November.
More jobs like this
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Corporate Services jobs in London (East)
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Corporate Management Team jobs in London (East)
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Environment jobs in London (East)
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Environmental Management jobs in London (East)
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Housing jobs in London (East)