Manager for Procurement & Commissioning Adult Services
Bedford Borough 2020 outlines the Council’s ambition to redesign how it delivers services and manages operations by 2020 and beyond to better meet the needs of the community, partners and staff.
The direction of travel for the whole of the organisation over the next three years will be:
• Creating a more flexible and adaptable workforce, with the skills to deliver 21st century Council services
• Empowering residents and communities to become self-sufficient
• Streamlining processes, systems and resources to increase efficiency.
Join us now and get involved in Bedford Borough 2020 and help us shape the future.
You will find a workforce engaged and enthusiastic about the programme, and a senior management team keen to take things forward.
Recent appointments have been made to Director and Chief Officer level posts, and we are now looking for two inspirational, motivated and enthusiastic
Procurement & Commissioning Managers to lead and motivate their teams through this exciting period and beyond…..
The applicant appointed to these roles will have responsibility for either Adults or Children’s & Public Health Procurement & Commissioning services.
We’re looking for very special candidates to play a key leadership role in the newly procurement and commissioning service.
You will be:
• An energetic, flexible and experienced commissioner, with a strong commercial acumen
• Dedicated to delivering improvements to benefit customers
• Enthusiastic, with a drive for excellence quality and value for money
• A great relationship builder both internally and with our partners
• Keen to develop commissioning that will help improve people’s lives
• Up for the challenge of strengthening and improving our commissioning and contracting arrangements
• Conversant with the appropriate legislation.
You will have substantial, relevant and current senior management experience within a similar service, including the management of budgets and staff, and will be an advocate of digital ways of working, championing the change of BB2020 and the digital operating model.
Visit www.bedford.gov.uk/jobs_and_careers/current_vacancies to find out more.
Closing Date: 20th October 2017
The Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer and positively welcomes applications from all members of the community irrespective of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age and disability.
Selection is on merit alone.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bedfordshire
- Communications Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bedfordshire
- Corporate Management Team Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bedfordshire
- Procurement Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bedfordshire
- Health and Social Care Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Full time jobs in Bedfordshire