Head of Standards and Ethics
A unique opportunity to lead a major organisational and cultural transformation and help shape the future of police standards for Cleveland.
In Cleveland we are determined to be a national lead for professional standards in policing. We have made mistakes in the past but crucially we are learning from them. Earlier this year we initiated a radical transformation of our approach to complaint handling, reporting of wrong-doing, and how we proactively ensure the integrity of our workforce. You will lead this on-going change, creating structures and ways of working that place high standards of professional behaviour and ethics at the heart of our decision making. To be an exemplar, we need to recruit the best. That means looking to other regulated professions in the public and private sectors, as well as to the shining lights in the police service.
About the role
- You will lead and manage Cleveland Police’s Standards and Ethics Directorate, instilling and promoting high standards of integrity and transparency throughout decision making and service delivery, and reducing and mitigating the risk of corruption and improper practice
- To succeed you will need to work closely and proactively with a wide range of partners including the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner, the Independent Police Complaints Commission (soon to become the Independent Office for Police Conduct), and the National Policing Chiefs’ Council
- Working and influencing across Cleveland Police, you will promote and champion a learning organisation culture that carries the hallmarks of fair and respectful treatment of its staff, partners and communities Under your leadership, the department will become a key strategic enabler for the Force, underpinning all its decision making and forward planning.
This is a vital leadership role for Cleveland Police and we are seeking an exceptional candidate. You will be able to demonstrate substantial regulatory compliance experience in either the police service or with another professional body and have track record of leadership in a complex, service-oriented organisation. Bringing a high level of professional credibility, you will be politically astute and be able to confidently brief and present on sensitive and critical issues in a public arena.
Highly motivated, resilient and driven, you will be able to secure outstanding results from your teams. Your professional track record will be underscored by unimpeachable levels of integrity and a commitment to the role of professional standards in improving workforces, driving performance and enhancing reputation.
How to apply
To apply please visit hays.co.uk/jobs/cleveland-police
Please note that applicants must complete an application form. CVs will not be accepted. For an informal and confidential discussion please contact our advisors at HAYS Executive.
Mark Bearn | T 0207 259 8743 | M 07872 672290
Jamie Houlders | T 0113 200 2733 |
The closing date for applications is Monday 18th September.
More jobs like this
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Corporate Services jobs in North Yorkshire
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Corporate Management Team jobs in North Yorkshire
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Public and Third sector jobs in North Yorkshire
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Head of Service Police Service jobs in North Yorkshire