Chief Officer for Planning & Highways
6 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
“Join us now and help us shape the future.”
Bedford Borough 2020 outlines the Council’s ambition to redesign how it delivers services and manages operations by 2020 and beyond to better meet the needs of the community, partners and staff.
The direction of travel for the whole of the organisation over the next three years will be:
- Creating a more flexible and adaptable workforce, with the skills to deliver 21st century Council services
- Empowering residents and communities to become self-sufficient
- Streamlining processes, systems and resources to increase efficiencies through a digital approach.
Join us now and get involved in Bedford Borough 2020 and help us shape the future.
You will find a workforce engaged and enthusiastic about the programme, and a senior management team keen to take things forward.
Recent appointments have been made to Director level posts, and we are now looking for inspirational, motivated and enthusiastic Chief Officers to lead and motivate their teams through this exciting period and beyond…..
The applicant appointed to this role will have a broad remit covering the operational services of building control, planning development management, planning & housing strategy, heritage compliance, highways & asset management, highways operations and programme management.
You will lead for the Council on advising on planning policy to ensure all planned growth, development, and regeneration projects deliver social, economic and quality of life benefits for the residents of Bedford Borough. You will also provide leadership for all areas of highways and maintenance services, and structural, civil, municipal, electrical and highways engineering services.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent and/or hold a suitable professional qualification.
You should also have substantial, relevant and current senior management experience within a similar service, including the management of budgets and staff, and will be an advocate of digital ways of working, championing the change of BB2020 and the digital operating model.
Visit www.bedford.gov.uk/jobs_and_careers/current_vacancies to find out more
Closing date for applications: Midday on Thursday, 27th July 2017.
Interview date: Tuesday, 8th August 2017 (pm)
More jobs like this
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Director Corporate Services jobs in Bedfordshire
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Director Administration jobs in Bedfordshire
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Director Corporate Management Team jobs in Bedfordshire
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Director Environment jobs in Bedfordshire
- Full time £70,000 - £99,999 Director Highways jobs in Bedfordshire