Head of Policy, Economy & Communities
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual with a strong track record to lead a key corporate service with responsibility for the Council’s corporate policy, economic development, communities, and resilience functions.
You will also lead the development and delivery of key Council strategies including the Strategic Plan/Single Outcomes Framework, Enabling Growth Plan, Communities Strategy and the Equality Strategy and ensure an effective incident management capability is in place through partnership and council resilience planning arrangements. In doing so you will develop strong relationships with other Council services, key partners and partnerships, the voluntary and community sector and businesses, and provide high quality advice to Members and the Council’s management team.
• Educated to degree level plus appropriate experience;
• Senior management and leadership experience in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment;
• Track record of leading and developing high performing teams;
• Extensive experience of leading complex corporate/partnership work, including strategic planning, transformation and service redesign, at a senior level;
• Experience in providing high quality strategic advice to Members, Senior Managers and Boards;
• Current policies, best practice, governance arrangements and legislation related to communities, economic development, and equality, diversity and human rights;
• Highly developed interpersonal and communications skills;
• Ability to think strategically, understanding the ‘whole system’ and taking a cross-organisational perspective;
• High levels of political awareness, sensitivity and understanding of local political priorities.
For informal enquiries please contact Tom Purnell, Assistant Chief Executive
Tel: 0116 305 7019 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any technical issues completing your application form, please contact email@example.com
To apply, please visit https://jobs.emss.org.uk
Closing date: 23 June 2017 at midnight.
Committed to equality of opportunity in employment and services.
More jobs like this
- Full time £50,000 - £59,999 Head of Service Corporate Services jobs in Leicester
- Full time £50,000 - £59,999 Head of Service Corporate Management Team jobs in Leicester
- Full time £50,000 - £59,999 Head of Service Policy jobs in Leicester
- Full time £50,000 - £59,999 Head of Service Housing jobs in Leicester
- Full time £50,000 - £59,999 Head of Service Community Services jobs in Leicester