Head of Service - Community Safety, Resilience and Emergency Planning
We are looking to recruit an experienced, dynamic and motivated senior manager to lead the Council’s Community Safety, Resilience and Emergency Planning services.
You will be responsible for anticipating, understanding and influencing local and national policy, to set direction and ensure best practice, while ensuring that the Council meets its legal obligations.
You will have responsibility for:
- Leading the overall development of the Community Safety, Resilience and Emergency Planning services, ensuring robust multi agency, cross partnership working to deliver a range of national and local community safety priorities is in place
- Managing, coordinating and facilitating the Safer Rotherham Partnership agenda; delivering effective and appropriate solutions to tackling crime and anti-social behaviour across Rotherham
- Ensuring the Council’s compliance with the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 including the associated regulations and guidance. Providing the Council’s Senior Leadership Team with assurance regarding the Council’s statutory duties in relation to this
- Leading and managing the Council’s Corporate Health and Safety service.
You will have extensive experience of working in a community safety or criminal justice setting and a successful track record of leading effective partnership working.
For an informal discussion please contact Karen Hanson, Assistant Director Community Safety & Street Scene on (01709) 822025.
Applications from Women, people from Black and Minority Ethnic Communities and Disabled People are welcomed as under-representation currently exists at this level within the organisation. Section 159 of the Equality Act 2010 applies.
This post is classed as 'politically restricted' under the Local Government and Housing Act 1989 (as amended). The full details of the restrictions are set out in the Statutory Instrument, but broadly the restrictions prohibit candidature from public elected office; holding office in a political party; as well as involvement in political activities such as canvassing or public speaking/writing.
This post will have access to the Public Services Network, if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at the Basic level (unspent criminal convictions). Further information can be found at www.disclosurescotland.co.uk
Closing date: 2nd April 2017
For more information about the above post Click Here or to see our full range
of job opportunities and apply online, take a look at our website
More jobs like this
- Full time £50,000 - £59,999 Head of Service Corporate Services jobs in Rotherham
- Full time £50,000 - £59,999 Head of Service Corporate Management Team jobs in Rotherham
- Full time £50,000 - £59,999 Head of Service Regeneration and Local Economies jobs in Rotherham
- Full time £50,000 - £59,999 Head of Service Planning jobs in Rotherham
- Full time £50,000 - £59,999 Head of Service Housing jobs in Rotherham