Revenues and Benefits Manager
Are you an experienced Revenues and Benefits Manager, with a proven track record of leadership and delivering an effective, customer focused service? Following a service reorganisation, we have created a new opportunity for someone to lead and manage our Revenues and Benefits service, and ensure that our high standards are maintained.
This is a high profile and complex role with responsibility for delivering the administration of Council Tax, NNDR, Housing Benefit, and Council Tax Support and Housing Benefit overpayment recovery. You will play a major role in defining and leading the future strategy and development of the revenues and benefits service, as well as managing the day to day
operations delivered by 25 staff. You must be able to demonstrate a high level of organisational skills, and ability to manage a variety of incoming work.
In 2016/17, Tewkesbury Borough Council collected £48.5m in council tax, from over 40,000 properties, and we paid out over £19m in housing benefits.
Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate:
• Significant experience of working within a local government revenues and benefits environment.
• Strong aptitude for people management, raising employee engagement and developing resilience across teams.
• Experience of representing the council at Magistrates’ Court, and attending tribunals.
• Extensive knowledge of council tax, NNDR, Housing benefits and practice, and the ability to train and develop staff.
• Experience of working in the collection of local authority revenues and/or the provision of a local authority benefits service.
• Commitment to quality and performance, and enthusiasm for new initiatives
• A relevant degree or equivalent qualification or continuous relevant experience is essential, as a detailed knowledge of housing benefit and council tax support scheme law and processes relating to council tax are required.
• IRRV technical membership and council tax modules.
For an informal discussion please contact Richard Horton on 01684 272119
Closing date: Monday, 15 May 2017
Proposed interview date: Friday, 9 June 2017
Application form and further details for this post are available to download from our website at www.tewkesbury.gov.uk/jobs or from the
Human Resources Section, Tewkesbury Borough Council,
Gloucester Road, Tewkesbury, Glos, GL20 5TT.
Telephone: 01684 272046 (24 hour voicemail).
“The council is committed to promoting equality of opportunity; we welcome applications from all sections of the community.”
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
More jobs like this
- Full time £40,000 - £49,999 Manager Corporate Services jobs in Tewkesbury
- Full time £40,000 - £49,999 Manager Communications jobs in Tewkesbury
- Full time £40,000 - £49,999 Manager Corporate Management Team jobs in Tewkesbury
- Full time £40,000 - £49,999 Manager Customer Services jobs in Tewkesbury
- Full time £40,000 - £49,999 Manager Finance jobs in Tewkesbury